The objective of the Learning Support Department is:
Our Learning Support Department takes care of students who are performing below average, i.e. slow learners, or those who have learning difficulties, such as:
- to provide assistance to students who have challenges which are affecting their learning process and thus, have difficulty adjusting academically.
- to discover and nurture exceptional academic talent and potential.
- to provide curriculum modification in an educational environment needed for students to progress and thrive to develop a healthy self-concept.
- to prepare students to apply their knowledge and talent in the real world in a variety of ways.
- to support the creation of a master plan for childhood education and seek increased resources for such programs.
- to provide resources and guidance to ensure that all students attend a safe, healthy, and educationally appropriate school.
- to increase implementing effective learning support strategies including speech therapy, counseling, psychomotor skills therapist, family-school-community partnership programs, after school programs, and summer school opportunities to improve academic achievement of all children.
- to promote school’s use of youth development strategies that support the caring relationships, opportunities for meaningful participation, and the high expectation that young people need to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally even when challenged by risk and adversity.
- Specific learning difficulties in reading, writing, and/or Math
- Dyslexia, Dyscalculia.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mild Cerebral Palsy
- Speech and Language Disorders Including Hearing Impairment
- General Learning Difficulties
- Pervasive Developed Delay
Since our focus at school is inclusion, only children with mild to moderate disorders can be admitted. We have experience with profound hearing loss who can be integrated into the classroom, supported by a shadow teacher, and provided the necessary academic support as well as speech therapy sessions, psycho-motor therapy, and counseling.